Toneforge DI Match is the first and only audio plugin of its kind, allowing users to transform their guitar & bass tracks (commonly referred to as “DI” or “direct input/injection” tracks) into hyper-accurate, targeted tones in real-time with zero latency. Use any guitar or bass with any combination of pickups and strings and make it sound like another guitar or bass in seconds!
Some common uses of Toneforge DI Match include:
- Match your DI to the DI of a different session
- Match your DI’s sound to another musician’s DI sound
- Match a Strat-style guitar to a Tele-style guitar
- Match an Acoustic Bass to an Electric Bass
- Match humbucker pickups to single-coil pickups
- Match active pickups to passive pickups
- Match a guitar or bass with older strings to a DI with fresh strings
With Toneforge DI Match, you’ll unlock virtually endless tonal options for your guitar & bass tracks at the source - before they ever hit an amp.
About DI Match Technology
DI Match Technology is a proprietary solution that analyzes and manipulates DI signals. It consists of three digital signal processing techniques: Spectral Matching, Level Matching, and Active Pickup Circuit Simulation. These techniques shape the DI sound at the source, allowing users to achieve the desired tone.
Capture the frequency curve and sonic imprint of your instrument in seconds with Toneforge DI Match’s spectral matching. As you play your guitar or bass, the software automatically adjusts the curve until it reaches its optimal state.
Once captured, your DI can be matched to any other DI profile captured or imported into Toneforge DI Match. Get started with one of the included DI profiles from industry leading artists, producers, and the JST team, as well as pink & white noise captures for smoothing.
Once you have matched your Spectral Image to taste, the next often overlooked step that can make or break a tone from the start is achieving nominal gain. Nominal gain is when your volume hits that perfect sweet spot of the amp and other components in the tone. This is where Level Matching comes in. Adjust it to taste, or set it to 100% to match the targeted profile DI profile one to one. It is especially handy when matching a DI to something that has "hotter" pickups.
Active Pickup Circuit Simulation
The Active Pickup Circuit Simulator simulates a real active pickup and allows you to add gain to your DI signal, even if your source is passive! Engage the Active Circuit button and explore the rich tones of an active pickup's internal preamp. You can push your limits even more by using the Gain Knob to give your sound an aggressive and dynamic edge.
With the advanced features of Toneforge DI Match, precision and artistry are at your fingertips.
What You'll Get
- Single-User Perpetual iLok Software License
- Audio Plugin in AAX, AU, & VST3 formats
- User Manual
- Mac or Windows computer with supported OS and supported DAW
- FREE iLok Account (iLok dongle NOT required - Computer, iLok 2/3, iLok Cloud activation supported), 3 activations provided
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or above (64 bit only): AAX, VST3
- macOS 10.14 or above (AMD, Intel, or M-Series. 64 bit only): AAX, AU, VST3
- Pro Tools
- Ableton Live
- Studio One
- FL Studio
- Digital Performer
Legal© Joey Sturgis Tones. All rights reserved.
Joey Sturgis Tones, JST, and Toneforge each are a registered trademark of Joey Sturgis Tones, LLC
DI Match and DI Match Technology are each a pending trademark of Joey Sturgis Tones, LLC
VST and VST3 are trademarks of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
Mac OSX and Audio Unit are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
AAX is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc.